Monday, August 25, 2008

Menu Plan Monday- with recipes!

If you notice a couple of repeats this week it's because I changed some things around last week. Wednesday we went out to dinner. My BIL works at an Italian restaurant so we get his employee discount ever now and then. Thursday I had the raging headache I told you all about so we ate out of the freezer, and Saturday my dad treated us to dinner. Here's the plan for this week.

Monday- Boneless Pork Ribs, Twice Baked Potatoes, Roasted Veggies

BBQ PORK RIBS
Recipe from COOKS.COM

3-4 lbs. country style ribs (boneless)
1 lg. bottle BBQ sauce
1 thinly sliced onion
Brown sugar
Garlic powder

Place ribs in 9 x 13 inch pan. Sprinkle with garlic. Bake at 400 degrees for 45-60 minutes. Remove from oven. Lower temperature to 250 degrees. Drain fat from meat. Sprinkle with a little more garlic and brown sugar to taste. Pour BBQ sauce on top with thinly sliced onion. Bake 3 more hours at 250 degrees. Don't over cook.

Chicken Fajitas, Mexi Rice, Black Beans
Fajita Marinade
1/3 c. fresh lime juice
1/3 c. soy sauce
1/3 c. vegetable oil

I use whole chicken breasts to grill and then I slice it into fajita strips. You can add your onions and peppers to this marinade as well, just make sure you cook them completely. If you need more marinade than this just do equal parts of all three ingredients.

Wednesday- Hot Dogs, Brats, Baked Beans, Corn

Thursday- Jambalaya

Friday- Leftovers

Saturday- Homemade Pizza, Salad

Sunday- Roast, Potatoes, Carrots
I cook my roast in the crockpot. If you would like the the recipe it's on allrecipes.com as "the easiest pot roast ever". I am making a larger roast than we will eat and using the leftover meat and potatoes to make stew on the next Tuesday.

No comments: