Monday, August 4, 2008

Menu Plan Monday- Vacation Edition

We are living for vacation tomorrow! Hooray! Hubby won the trip from work so that means we got a free-ish vacation. The condo we are staying in has a full kitchen so I am cooking as if we were at home, to save money. Second, there is a theme park nearby that has a 2-day special. If you go the first day after 3pm, you get the second day free. And kids under 4 are free. Hopefully we will create some good family memories and not break the bank. I cooked like a crazy woman today and tried to prepare as much here as possible, so I don't have to take a lot with me. And then I filled the freezer. Wheeee! I think I may start cooking meals and freezing them once a month. I feel so accomplished! I'm starting with Tuesday b/c it's after midnight on Monday.

Tuesday
Breakfast- cereal
Lunch- Picnic lunch (we're hoping we can find a nice rest stop so the kids can run around)
Dinner- Lasagna, salad, garlic bread

Wednesday
Breakfast- poptarts (CVS freebie)
Lunch- Turkey sandwiches and Spaghetti O's
Dinner- Lemon Garlic Chicken, rice, green beans, garlic bread

Thursday
Breakfast- granola bars
Lunch- Tuna salad sandwiches, lunchables for the girls
Dinner- Chicken enchiladas, rice, black beans, corn

Friday
Breakfast- yogurt
Lunch- (on the road)
Dinner- Homemade pizza, salad

Lots of snacks for vacation! I would love to not spend ANYTHING on food.
moo tubes, granola bars, bagels,
nutty bars, homemade cookies, strawberrys,
grapes, carrot sticks, mini donuts,
mandarin oranges, cucumbers,
chips, krispy treats,
popsicles, & crackers

I will try to check in while we're gone. Have a good week!

No comments: