Monday, March 3, 2008

Quick cheap recipe

This will be a short post but this is my favorite quick recipe, again from allrecipes.com!

Quick Chick
INGREDIENTS
3 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
1 (12 ounce) jar turkey gravy (I use 2 cans Campbelss turkey gravy, but we like it saucy!)
1/2 teaspoon paprika
1/2 teaspoon salt-free herb seasoning blend (Mrs. Dash)
1 teaspoon soy sauce
READ REVIEWS (56)
DIRECTIONS
Place chicken and gravy into a slow cooker. Season with paprika, seasoning blend and soy sauce. Cook on high for 4 hours or for 6 to 8 hours on medium. Tear chicken into pieces. Serve over rice, noodles or potatoes.

I stockpiled cans of gravy for .25 after Thanksgiving. I only have a couple left. BooHoo! I love this recipe b/c I almost always have all the ingredients on hand. And it's cheap and easy! (Avoid easy joke here.)

For those of you who got LOTS of free peanut butter........... I made a PB Chocolate pie tonight. Frozen pie crust, baked. Spread half a jar of creamy PB in bottom of pie. Mix a pack of instant chocolate pie filling and pour over the top. Chill for an hour. Not low in calories but yummy! Hubby wanted a chocolate pie but I didn't have any cool whip. Frugalness makes you improvise. Unfortunately, good deals make you have BAGS and BAGS of (insert holiday here) candy and jars of peanut butter. I think I've gained 5 lbs in the last month, or maybe 10. Seriously.

1 comment:

Candace said...

The pie sounds yummy.
Thanks for sharing.
Candace