Thursday, March 13, 2008

Cupcakes everywhere!!

Being the over achiever mom that I aim to be, I am up to my elbows in cupcakes. Peyton's school carnival is tomorrow and I am in baking H-E-double hockey stick. Did you know one box of cake mix makes 24 cupcakes? Times 6 boxes of cake mix. You do the math. I have cupcakes on every surface of my kitchen. However, I did get a great deal! (Of course!) Homeland had their cake mixes 10 for $10 last week. I had 2 coupons for $1 off 3 boxes. Homeland doubles their coupons up to $1. End result, .33 cakes! I am saying "Thank goodness!" that I only had 2 coupons, otherwise the cupcake debacle could have gotten a whole lot worse. I was originally going to make homemade frosting ( HAAAAAAAAAAA HAAAAAAAAAAAA!! Nevermind that idea!) I booted the homemade frosting idea and went to WM to get some pre-made frosting and the Betty Crocker frosting is on sale for .88. There are stickies on the yellow cake mix by Betty Crocker for .50 off any frosting. Thus making the frosting .38 a tub! That ladies, is a deal!! And so my pounds keep packing on. At least I am getting rid of this 'sweet' deal (pun intended!).

I may have hit an all time low for my coupon obsession tonight. I have already stooped to stealing coupons from the bagel store on a Sunday afternoon but this is worse. I walked across the street tonight to borrow some cupcake liners from my neighbor. On the way back home I notice my next door neighbors recycle bin has the Sunday paper in it. Oh yea, I did it. I picked up the bin, ran to my porch, dug out the coupons and ran to take back the bin. I was so proud of myself until hubby said, "You know you could probably just ask them if you can have them. I bet they would save them for you." To which I replied, "But then I would be the crazy coupon lady." "Seriously", he says,"you just stole the coupons from their recycle bin. I think you already are the crazy coupon lady." What does he know? There IS a $4 razor coupon in there! And Lord knows I NEED another razor. =)

No comments: