Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Kitchen Tip Tuesday

I have seen this phrase on other blogs and I'm not sure if I am supposed to be signed up to share a kitchen tip, but I am sharing anyway! This is a new thing I have recently started doing and it is my FAVORITE time saver yet! When I buy ground beef, I always buy the larger pack b/c it is less per pound for the same meat. Why, I don't understand, but whatever. When I get home, I seperate it by approximately one pound servings and brown it, seperately. Then I drain the fat and rinse the meat in a collander and put it in quart size freezer bags. When I have a meal that includes ground beef I defrost a bag in the microwave and WAH LAH dinner is half way finished! I used to freeze it raw, then defrost, then brown, then cook into whatever sauce or seasoning. Too much time! Plus it's great if hubby is making hamburger helper or spaghetti. All he has to do is grab a bag of meat. What great tips do you have?

No comments: