Sunday, March 23, 2008

Happy Frugal Easter!

We will be headed to my Hubby's family for a chilly day of eating, fellowship, and eating. I always bring lots of food but this year it was actually economical, thanks to coupons and just plain old paying attention. I am making mashed potatoes, green bean casserole, baked beans (Peyton's favorite!), and deviled eggs. I got a 5-pd. bag of potatoes at Target for $1.79, thanks to my $1 off coupon I got from www.afullcup.com. I got my green beans, pork & beans, and eggs (.99 a dozen) from Aldi. I already had Cream of Mushroom soup, brown sugar, molasses, and the other ingredients I needed. I figure I spent about $10 for all the ingredients I needed to make our Easter dinner contribution. Not bad for 4 dishes.
Our ultimate deal of the day is the free gift we received from our Lord and Savior. What an amazing gift to be forgiven! Now that I have my own children I understand better the idea of giving His only Son. Praise God!
Everyone have a wonderful day free of hustle and bustle to get the best deal and just revel in the gifts that you have. Happy Easter!!

No comments: