Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Crazy Busy Day

Yesterday was a crazy day. Peyton was still under the weather, but a little better. Since I don't have any large items of my own to sell (per Dave Ramsey) I decided to help my parents. They have been paying rent on 3, yes 3, storage units for WAY too long. A few months ago we had habitat for humanity come and pick up the contents of one storage. 1 down, 2 to go. I am happy to say we got the second one cleared out yesterday! That saves them $200 a month! In addition, I listed an AC unit for them on Craigslist and it sold for $500!!!! It's been sitting for 2 years. My mom was excited to pay an extra car payment.

This brings me to a new term I happened upon today called "Snowflaking". Go to http://www.snowflakerevolution.com/ to read all about it. What do you have to sprinkle on your debt snowball?

I broke down and went to Aldi today. We needed a few things, juice, bagels, etc. I spent $20.41 out of our food envelope but got a LOT of stuff. Have you seen their prices on bacon? WOW! We love bacon and I think of it as a splurge item but it is more than half off supermarket prices, for center cut. I didn't buy any today b/c we still have some, but I definantly will next time.

With yesterday being so hectic, it would have been a perfect fast food day. Instead it was a crockpot day. Sometimes saving money is as easy as planning ahead. I threw this recipe in the crockpot before I left for my mom's. It was a new one but it turned out yummy. The name makes it sound different than the taste of the outcome but I haven't come up with a different name the describes it better. It almost has a queso flavor. We wrapped it up in flour tortillas and had mexican rice and tortilla chips and salsa with it. Lots for leftovers!

Santa Fe Chicken

1 15oz can of corn
1 15oz can black beans, drained and rinsed
1/2 c. salsa

Stir together and add 4 frozen boneless skinless chicken breasts. Cover with an additional 1/2 c. salsa.

Cook on low for 4 hours, 3 hours if chicken is thawed.

Add 1 brick of light cream cheese. Stir and cook for 1 more hour.

No comments: