Wednesday, March 25, 2009

This is the roast that never ends....

I wanted to share this about a roast. I made 2 roasts in the crockpot Sunday night. They were small roasts, about 2.5 lbs each. We had 2 guests for dinner so 4 adults ate, no kids. (My kids secretly want to be chicken nugget vegetarians.) Monday, I put the remaining meat in the crockpot again, with a can of diced tomatoes w/ onion and garlic. I served this meat over flour tortillas with rice and beans. Hubby and I each had 2 tacos each. Tonight, I put the remaining meat in a sauce pan with a little water (maybe 1/4 cup), and served it over mashed potatoes with green beans. I spent around 7.00 on the 2 roasts and it has fed us 3 yummy dinners. It sort of messed up my meal plan but I am glad to have used up the leftovers instead of throwing them out. And I have an extra meal for next weeks menu!

No comments: