Monday, September 22, 2008
Menu Plan Monday- with recipes
Monday- Spaghetti Pie, Salad, Garlic Bread
6 oz. spaghetti
2 tbsp butter
1/3 c. Parmesan
1 pd. ground beef
1 can or jar of spaghetti sauce
1 c. cottage or ricotta cheese
1/2 c shredded mozzarella
Directions: Brown the ground beef, drain, and add spaghetti sauce. While the ground beef is browning, cook the spaghetti according to package directions and drain. Add butter, Parmesan, and egg to the hot spaghetti. Place the spaghetti mixture in the bottom of a greased pie plate. Spread the ricotta over the spaghetti. Spread the meat sauce over the ricotta. Bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes or until heated through. Spread the mozzarella over the pie and bake until melted. Let stand 5 minutes, cut into wedges, and serve.
Tuesday- Boneless Pork Ribs, Baked Beans, Corn, Rolls
BBQ PORK RIBS
Recipe from COOKS.COM
3-4 lbs. country style ribs (boneless)
1 lg. bottle BBQ sauce
1 thinly sliced onion
Place ribs in 9 x 13 inch pan. Sprinkle with garlic. Bake at 400 degrees for 45-60 minutes. Remove from oven. Lower temperature to 250 degrees. Drain fat from meat. Sprinkle with a little more garlic and brown sugar to taste. Pour BBQ sauce on top with thinly sliced onion. Bake 3 more hours at 250 degrees. Don't over cook.
Wednesday- Peppery Beef & Veggies, Beef Rice (Lipton sides), Egg Drop Soup
This recipe looks involved but if you read through it, it's not so bad.
4 oz. thin spaghetti
1/2 c. water
3 tblsp. soy sauce
2 tsp. cornstarch
1/2 tsp. black pepper
1/8 tsp. ground red pepper
non stick cooking spray
1 c. fresh or frozen pea pods, halved crosswise
1/2 c. chopped green or red sweet pepper
1 clove garlic, minced
1 c. fresh mushrooms, sliced
1 tblsp. cooking oil
3/4 pd. lean boneless beef, cut into thin bite size strips
1. Cook spaghetti according to package directions. Drain well and keep warm.
2. Meanwhile, for sauce, in a small bowl stir together soy sauce, cornstarch, black and red pepper. Set aside.
3. Spray a cold wok or large skillet with non stick cooking spray. Heat over med-high heat. Add pea pods, green or red sweet pepper and garlic; stirfry 1 minute. Add mushrooms; stirfry 1-2 more minutes or until vegetables are tender. Remove veggies from wok.
3. Add oil to wok. Stirfry beef in hot oil for 3-4 minutes or until done. Push the beef to the sides of the wok. Stir sauce and pour into center of wok. Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly. Return veggies to wok; cook and stir all ingredients 1 minute. Toss with spaghetti. Makes 4 servings.
Thursday- Chicken Flautas w/ black beans, Rice, Guacamole
6 10-inch tortillas
1/2 c. chopped onion
1 clove garlic minced
1 tsp. cooking oil
2 c. shredded chicken
1 c. canned black beans, rinsed and drained
1/2 c. bottled salsa
1/2 c. shredded Mexican cheese
Cooking oil for frying
3 c. shredded lettuce
1. Preheat oven to 350. Wrap tortillas tightly in foil. Heat in oven about 10 minutes or until heated through.
2. Meanwhile, for filling, in a large saucepan, cook onion and garlic in the 1 tsp. hot oil until tender. Stir in chicken, black beans, 1/2 c. salsa, and cheese.
3. For each flauta, spoon about 1/2 c. filling across each warm tortilla about 1 1/2 inches from one edge. Roll up tortillas as tight as possible. Secure with wooden toothpicks.
4. In a very large, deep skillet, heat 1-1/2 inches of cooking oil to 365. Fry flautas, 2 at a time, for 2-3 minutes or until crisp and golden brown, turning once. Drain on paper towels. Keep fried flautas warm in a 300 degree oven.
5. To serve, remove toothpicks. Halve flautas crosswise. If desired, serve with lettuce, guacamole, salsa, and sour cream.
*Baked flautas: Prepare as directed. Place flautas on a large baking sheet and brush with 1 tblsp cooking oil. Bake in a 350 oven for 30-40 minutes or until heated through. Serve as directed.
Friday-Pork tenderloin, broccoli & cheese rice, salad, rolls
Saturday-Sesame chicken w/ broccoli
Speedy Chicken Stir-Fry
8 oz. angel hair pasta (capellini), uncooked
2 cups small broccoli florets
1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into thin strips
1/2 cup KRAFT Asian Toasted Sesame Dressing
2 Tbsp. soy sauce
1/4 tsp. each: ground ginger, garlic powder, crushed red pepper
1/3 cup chopped PLANTERS Dry Roasted Peanuts
COOK pasta as directed on package, adding broccoli to the boiling water for the last 3 min. of the pasta cooking time.
MEANWHILE, spray large nonstick skillet with cooking spray; heat on medium-high heat. Add chicken; cook 6 to 8 min. or until cooked through, stirring occasionally. Stir in dressing, soy sauce, ginger, garlic and crushed red pepper; cook 1 min., stirring occasionally.
DRAIN pasta mixture; place in large bowl. Add chicken mixture; mix lightly. Spoon evenly into four serving bowls; sprinkle with the peanuts.
Sunday-Crockpot roasted chicken, mixed veggies, garlic red potatoes
I love this site. I have gotten lots of great recipes from it.
at 6:55 AM