Monday, September 8, 2008

Menu Plan Monday- with recipes

Sorry I am late in the day posting this. I had to work this morning and we are attempting to re-paint our master bedroom. I always forget how much I dislike painting until it's time to do it. Without furthur ado...

Monday- Crockpot chili and cornbread

No real recipe here. I just make the chili on the back of the McCormick package and let it simmer in the crockpot. It makes the meat so tender! When you use canned beans, make sure you put them in about an hour before your meal time so they aren't mush. Jiffy cornbread. It's the best!

Tuesday- Breakfast casserole, biscuits

I haven't made this but I got the recipe from one of the many posters on orgjunkie.com. I also have a roll of sausage I got for free, so that helps.

Breakfast Casserole

7 eggs
2 c. milk
8-12 slices of bread (whatever you have on hand)
8 oz shredded cheddar cheese
1 lb. of sausage
Seasoning of your choice (italian, sage, etc)
Salt to taste

Instructions:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray 8x11 or 9x13 pan with oil.

Slice crusts of bread and cube. Place in pan.

Beat eggs and milk. Pour over bread. Using fork, lightly mix bread untill all cubes are soaked.

Brown sausage while bread cubes are soaking. Drain grease. Layer sausage on top of bread mixture. Layer cheese on top of sausage. Sprinkle seasoning on cheese.

Bake for 45 min. Serves 6-8.

Wednesday- Lemon Garlic Chicken, green beans, rice, rolls

This is the same recipe I posted a couple of weeks back. I make this in the crockpot and it's a family favorite.

Thursday- Tostadas, mexican rice, black beans

These are just flat tacos. You can find the tostada shells with the crispy taco shells. Cover with lettuce, cheese and tomatoes.

Friday- Bagel sandwiches, salad

Hubby's late night at work.

Saturday- Spaghetti, salad, garlic bread

Hubby usually gets home late this night as well. The longer the sauce cooks, the better it is so I can feed the kids early and keep it hot for him.

Sunday- Beef Stroganoff, peas, rolls

I love this recipe. It's SO, SO good, and way easy!

Beef Stroganoff

1-2 lbs stew meat
1 package lipton onion soup
1/2 can sprite
1 can cream of mushroom soup
*8 oz sour cream, for after cooking
*white rice, for after cooking

Place first four ingredients in crockpot. Cook on low for 8 hours, or high for 6 hours.

1 hour before cook time is over, remove sour cream from refrigerator. When cook time is finished, add room temperature sour cream, and stir. Serve over white rice.

I have received a few requests for my 30 day dinner plan so I am going to post it asap. I will still post each week on Monday, with the recipes. WHat are having at your house this week? Please post your comments!

No comments: