Saturday, January 3, 2009

Happy 2009!

As you can tell from last post, over 2 months ago, the last couple of months have been long, busy and stressful. This was the first holiday season without my mom. That makes me sad every time I think about it. I also have a 4 year old and an 11 year old, which is stressful any time of year! Those of you who have lots of kids, hats off. I don't think I could do it, unless I had a bigger house, more money, and no job! On top of all that, my "job" is catering. Obviously from Thanksgiving to Christmas is my busiest time of year with work. I forget every year how busy the year before was and don't prepare very well. I'm thinking of writing my Christmas cards in August this year. Seriously. So, I haven't been blogging. Or really checking my e-mail (I have 7,550, at last pop up). I only jump online to check a couple of good deal sites and rush out the door.

My resolution for 2009, to be more organized and more calm. Those 2 things will help me to stay focused on our budget, which will in turn help us to get out of debt, buy a new-to-us car, and start working on our savings.

I won't make any "I promise to blog everyday" promises but I do hope to use this blog as a platform to keep me accountable to our goals as a family. HAPPY 2009!

No comments: