Monday, October 27, 2008

Menu Plan Monday

I haven't fallen off the earth. I have been super busy with work and home stuff. Nothing fun, unfortunately. We are in the process of re-doing our master bedroom. This includes painting over cranberry walls, re-painting trim and crown molding, replacing the carpet (thanks to Dad for this AWESOME b-day present!) and eventually getting new-to-us furniture.
I am also planning a garage sale before it gets ridiculously cold to help pay for before said home improvements. And in the middle of all that Miss Peyton's birthday is the first week of November, which means Christmas is repeatedly ringing the doorbell like the annoying kid no one wants to play with! Whoa. I"m feeling more overwhelmed just talking about it. At least my meals are planned.
I noticed something the past couple of weeks. The grocery store that doubles coupons is significantly higher priced (in my mind) than my regular grocery store. I was going there for my coupon deals, and then my "regular" store for the rest of my groceries. Well, I have been getting so many good deals at the "expensive" store I have been able to build our menus around what I'm getting for pennies. This, in conjunction with their ".99, expires this week " items, I haven't needed to go to the cheap store. Today I got organic salad mix, organic eggs, and orange juice, all for .99. OK, we ate the salad for dinner tonight, eggs used to not even have an expiration date (or be refrigerated-ask your mother), and the orange juice doesn't expire until the end of the week. I think a couple extra days for OJ won't kill us. Point is- grocery stores that take internet coupons AND double them totally rock. So, the menu plan........ (Thanks for letting me ramble. Hubby is not impressed by my good deals anymore. He wants to know why I paid .99 for anything. "You mean it wasn't free??")
M- Spaghetti, Salad, Garlic Bread
T- Chicken fajitas, refried beans, rice
W- Eggs, bacon, hash browns, biscuits
T- Chicken strips, mac & cheese, green beans (Church fall festival!)
F- Jack O' Lantern pizza, salad (Trick or Treating!)
S- Sesame chicken w/ broccoli
S- Tacos, black beans, rice (Peyton's b-day party!)

No comments: